Friday, June 7, 2013

Detox

It has been two fabulous weeks of detox. Yes...this is a blog about recess. Part of why I thought writing this blog would be useful? Purely selfish reasons. I was a in a toxic situation - a job where it was...well...not good. I don't know how else to put it. I mean, the situation was changing me. Making me unhappy and altering my view on my career.

So, my answer was: If I can spend some time focusing on the fun, maybe it will help me from drowning in the bad. The mean. The useless. The stupid. The gossip. The complete lack of focusing on what my career is supposed to be about.

Maybe.

Did it work? No. But I tried.

The great part? I am out of that situation. Through a very strange set of circumstances, I have the opportunity to detox and hang out with my family with no work for TWO months.

So...it has been two weeks of detox and I feel...better.

No comments:

Post a Comment