Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day #4

So today I have been motivated to do...NOTHING!

Yes...I had to say it. I feel like my Challenge is going well, but I just can't get motivated to do much. I don't feel very "fun" or "recess-y" right now. (Yes...that word is made up)! So, since I can't get motivated to do much, I will relate a funny story that will make you all giggle a little. I am so glad I have a four year old that can make me laugh!

A few weeks ago, my husband and I were hanging out with our four year old, Stella. She is a feisty little thing who is opinionated and independent. Those of you who are parents know this is a blessing and a curse.

We were talking and joking around with her about all kinds of things, when she finally just looked at us and said, "Stop it!" We just kind of laughed and told her we were joking. "Stop hecatizing me!" she exclaimed and stomped away.

My husband and I spent the next few minutes trying to figure out what word she really meant? Was she combining a couple of words? Did she mispronounce a word? We just couldn't figure it out.

A few days later, Stella used the word again when she was frustrated. I was by myself with both the kids and just didn't have time to think much about it, other than - I should write that down so some day we can determine what she is talking about!

Two days later, we were at a friend's house for dinner. While we were there, my husband and I were discussing Stella and her vocabulary which included her made up word, hecatizing. We all laughed a little and one of the women said, "Well, what does it mean when she says it?" My husband and I called Stella over because we had never just asked her.

"Stella, what does hecatizing mean?"

A sigh came from her that can only be interpreted as "I can't believe you don't know this." She rolled her eyes slightly, cocked her head, and with great attitude, but no hesitation she answered, "Freaking me out!" Then she turned and walked away as we erupted into laughter.



For over a month now she has regularly used this word interchangeably with the phrase, "Freaking me out." As a former English teacher, I find this absolutely awesome! Shakespeare also made up words that became part of our vocabulary, so I think you should all get used to this new fun word!

I am interested to hear...what is your favorite made up word???

ABCMouse.com-More than 2,000 educational games and activities-First Month Free-Click Here!

1 comment:

  1. I love that my kids call things that can break...glassables. a little easier to figure out, but as a speech pathologist, I love it!

    ReplyDelete