Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Giving Tuesday...

I like the concept of a few things during the holiday season...particularly, Small Business Saturday and Giving Tuesday. However, let's face it. This is exhausting. The holidays are supposed to be fun, but where is the fun in all this craziness? As a consumer I have been bombarded for days and days about Black Friday Deals. Then, the day that could really make a difference - Small Business Saturday is an after thought.

Today while I was listening to the radio I heard them talking about Giving Tuesday and realized it gets the least play of all! I think we might have things a little backwards. We are focused on running each other down and grabbing the most stuff the day after we give thanks, so we can celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. I am confused.

I don't think I am going to make sense of it all, but what I do know is that I have abstained from most of the madness. I used my small business to help give to Child Abuse Prevention Association the entire month of November. I will spend December promoting my business - and probably giving teacher gifts from the skincare line, but I will not continue to be so wrapped up in today's "cause" or "promotion" that I forget that this is a wonderful - and in many ways magical - time of the year, if we allow it to be!

I hope you all do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment