Friday, January 10, 2014

Time for Some Fun!

If you are like me, you made resolutions...promises...to do lists...a fresh start...a new beginning...whatever you want to call your ideas to start the new year. It is day 10, and I have to say...I am 50/50 at this point. I certainly won't be giving up on anything at this point, but 50/50 is not awesome and I prefer awesome!

I have decided this weekend will be a weekend of two things:
1) Having fun FIRST instead of worrying about the cleaning, laundry, and other "stuff" first.
2) Planning and organizing my obligations.

The first items will be incredibly difficult. Between two children, two dogs, a cat, and a husband, it is always the aftermath of a tornado, and this tornado is topped with a layer of pet hair. I constantly feel compelled to clean, pick up, wash everything, organize, de-clutter, vacuum, mop, dust, scrub...the list goes on and on and on. So to say I will put that second on the agenda and resist the urge to even quietly and surreptitiously do such things, is a huge statement. I hope I can do it!

The second will also be difficult. I think it might mean not only organizing my obligations, but potentially cutting some of the organizations within which I have gotten involved. I need to prioritize and determine how much time each obligation really needs and then determine if I can meet that need. Right now I am doing a little of a lot instead of a lot of a little. I know there are different philosophies on this, but I also know my family needs me and I need to make sure I am doing that!

So let's have fun this weekend! Here are some items we will do to have fun!

1) Go to Gymboree - done Friday night!
2) Do another activity outside the house - Paradise Park/Bass Pro Shop/other idea
3) Make cookies
4) Do a craft together - even get the 17 month old involved!
5) Sit down and watch some TV with my hubby to relax and veg out - getting done Friday night ASAP!
6) Have a dance party with the kids.
7) Chase the kids around the house.
8) Color.

I think that is a great list...fun with the kids! What will you be doing?



Rodan and Fields Skincare

http://rfsnwidget.rodanandfields.com/rfsn/view/101466

No comments:

Post a Comment